[malu] super cool Android app development...

Bryan Johns bjohns at greendragonweb.com
Tue Jun 5 17:12:12 CDT 2012

It does look interesting, although all you really need to accomplish very
similar functionality today is access to a web server with .Net 4.5 and
ASP.Net MVC 4 (which includes Web API).  Web API is an easy (when compared
to previous M$FT offerings) way to expose a REST-full interface to any
client that can speak HTTP(S).

For a Windows Phone 7 app, however, it might be hard to get your app past
the app store's battery-life police if it needs to run in the background.
Last time I checked into it they had some very unrealistic requirements in
that regard.  Something like the battery has to last 100 hours with your
app running in the background.  To get anywhere near that kind of battery
life out of my Samsung Focus, I have to put it in airplane mode, lock the
phone, and not use it for anything.

--
Bryan Johns
K4GDW

"Citizens by birth or choice of a common country, that country has a right
to concentrate your affections. The name of American, which belongs to
you, in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of
Patriotism, more than any appellation derived from local discriminations."
--George Washington