[malu] Programming for Kids?

Matthew Ragland mragland at aum.edu
Fri Jun 29 09:41:26 CDT 2012

Jason,

At AUM we have an annual math event where local kids are invited to learn math and math related topics.  Dr. Furman Smith always gives a talk on "How to program your own video game.". He uses the language LOGO, though of I recall, he uses a proprietary version.  But, I'm pretty sure you can find a Linux version.  Here is a link that might help:

http://linuxgazette.net/issue43/silva.logo.html

I'm copying Dr. Smith on this.  He might  have more to share.  I believe he is credited with writing the first fantasy video game for children some time ago.

Good luck with teaching your kid programming!

Best,
Matt

Dr. Matthew Ragland
Interim Associate Provost of Research and Graduate Studies
Associate Professor, Mathematics
Auburn Montgomery
http://sciences.aum.edu/~mragland
Office: 334-244-3138