[malu] super cool Android app development...

Daniel J. Summers daniel at djs-consulting.com
Wed Jun 6 19:37:07 CDT 2012

MVC 4!  Dang it - I just got my REST web service written with MVC 3.  I
wrote a nice service discovery API and everything.  It looks like the
service discovery part could be reused.  I looked at the MVC 4 docs; I'd
already seen their Bundling stuff, but it was a "this is coming soon"
thing.  I didn't know it had been released.

Keeping this a bit on topic - Mono does a pretty good job of running MVC 3.
 I was running all my stuff on it until I made one of my apps multilingual;
then, it recompiled the site for every page hit, and threw different
exceptions when the language wasn't a valid language.  (I hate "catch
(Exception)"...)  So now, I'm running IIS for the web serving, and a Linux
machine serving the MySQL and PostgreSQL stuff up.  Both machines run
better than the Linux one did when it was trying to do web and database
both.  And, by the way, PostgreSQL rocks, in case any of you were
wondering.  :)

I don't think I'm going to rework my current service, but it's good to
know.  (Although, the auto-serving content type based on the accept headers
of the request is really, really nice...)  I wonder if you can have
different areas in an MVC app with different APIs; that would fit with the
way I've got mine structured already.

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
*Owner, DJS Consulting*

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ P--- L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? PGP- t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e<++ h---- r+++ y++++